Terms & Conditions
Big Cake Bake 2021, Terms and Conditions
As a Big Cake Bake Registered Host, you must adhere to the following terms and conditions. Failure to conduct third party fundraising activities in accordance with these terms and conditions may result in you being de-registered as a Big Cake Bake host and prevented from conducting further third-party fundraising activities on behalf of Red Cross. Definitions:
"Advertisers" means third party operated websites.
" Australian Red Cross/Red Cross/Promoter/We" means Australian Red Cross Society ABN 50 169 561 394. Address: 23-47 Villiers Street North Melbourne, VIC 3051, Phone: 1800 RED CROSS (733 276), Website: www.redcross.org.au.
"Big Cake Bake" means a Red Cross national fundraising event.
"Event" includes a Big Cake Bake or other third-party fundraising activity, and includes both in- person events and virtual events held on an online platform.
"Event Websites/Websites" means the online portals for the campaign at www.bigcakebake.org.au, https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/; and the Event Instagram Page.
"Event Facebook Page/Facebook page" means the social media information portal for the campaign.
"Event Instagram Page/Instagram Page" means the social media information portal for the campaign.
"Host/Hosting" means the act of holding an event with the intention of raising funds for Red Cross.
"Linked Sites" means third party operated websites that are hyperlinked from Event Websites.
"Materials/Material" means the intellectual property and content used for the campaign on the Event Websites.
"Register/Registering/Registered" means completing the Big Cake Bake registration form either by email, over the telephone or online at www.bigcakebake.org.au
"Registered Host" means a person who has completed in full the Big Cake Bake registration form, and returned it to Red Cross by post, email, over the telephone with a Red Cross representative or has completed the registration form online at www.bigcakebake.org.au or via www.redcross.org.au/get-involved/take-action/fundraise.
"Supporter" means a person who agrees to help a Registered Host with their event, either financially or in-kind.
"You" means the person who registers to host a Big Cake Bake fundraising event.
Big Cake Bake promotional period ("Promotional Period") will run between Monday 21 June 2021 and Friday, 24 September 2021.
Registered Hosts can run events any time between Sunday, 1 August 2021 and Tuesday, 31 August 2021 ("Promotional Campaign").
Registering to be a host
1. You must be a Registered Host in order to conduct a third-party fundraising activity as part of Big Cake Bake. This is required by charitable fundraising legislation in all States and Territories in Australia.
2. Registrations can be made via phone 1800 RED CROSS (1800 733 276), post Reply Paid 84694, Melbourne, VIC 8060 or PO Box 9949, Melbourne VIC 3001, email@example.com or website www.bigcakebake.org.au
3. www.bigcakebake.org.au is owned and operated by Red Cross and https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/ is operated by a third party.
4. www.instagram.com/bigcakebake (“Event Instagram Page”) are owned and operated by Red Cross.
5. Red Cross manages Big Cake Bake on behalf of all state-based Red Cross offices and branches.
6. Red Cross will not accept registrations from people residing in a country outside of Australia.
7. People residing outside Australia can make online donations or sponsor a friend in Australia who is taking part in Big Cake Bake event held in Australia.
Responsibilities of the Registered Host
9. The person whose name appears on the registration form will be the Event Host ("Registered Host") which makes them solely accountable for managing the Event in an appropriate and responsible way. This includes deciding on the Event date, venue, fundraising activity and any associated costs in running the Event.
10. Registered Hosts, agree to pay all costs involved with running their Event. Event costs are at the discretion of the Registered Host and are not to be deducted from the money raised for the Big Cake Bake. Red Cross will not reimburse any person/s for any Event associated costs.
11. Registered Hosts need to comply with any obligations under applicable fundraising, or food legislation and regulations in the State or Territory in which You are conducting your Event. Registered Hosts are also responsible for organising any permits, licenses, insurance or authority to fundraise where necessary. This information will be available from your state government or local council and obtaining these permits is the responsibility of the Registered Host and not the responsibility of Red Cross.
12. Any agreements to purchase products from a Big Cake Bake Registered Host or Supporter is an agreement between the buyer and the Registered Host or Supporter. Red Cross has no control over third party fundraising activities and takes no responsibility over the quality, safety or legality of the products being sold and exchanged.
13. For all gaming, licensing, and promotional requirements, please check legislation by contacting your nearest office:
15. The Registered Host must securely keep all the money raised by the Event. Full records of the amount raised, along with the money, need to be securely deposited into the Red Cross bank account within 28 days of the Event taking place. All monies raised for Big Cake Bake must be returned to Red Cross by Thursday, 30 September 2021. Visit www.bigcakebake.org.au, https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/ or call 1800 RED CROSS (733 276) for more information on how to deposit money.
16. Registered Hosts and/orSupporters are not permitted to approach the general public with door to door, street or telephone collections as part of a Big Cake Bake fundraising activity. The Registered Host must securely keep all the money raised by the Event. Full records of the amount raised, along with the money, need to be securely deposited into the Red Cross bank account within 28 days of the Event taking place. All monies raised for Big Cake Bake must be returned to Red Cross by Thursday, 30 September 2021. Visit www.bigcakebake.org.au, https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/ or call 1800 RED CROSS (733 276) for more information on how to deposit money.
17. If you are under 16years of age, you must have the express permission of a parent or guardian before undertaking any fundraising activities or hosting an Event as part of Big Cake Bake.
18.Red Cross is a child safe organisation and therefore has a Child Protection Policy, in respect of persons who have contact with children in the course their work for Red Cross. This includes all Registered Hosts for Big Cake Bake. It is therefore a mandatory requirement forRegistered Hosts and Supporters to read and agree to Red Cross’ Child Protection Code of Conduct prior to undertaking any fundraising on Red Cross’ behalf. To comply with the Child Protection Code of Conduct, read your full copy here.
18. The Registered Host must disclose any previous criminal convictions to Red Cross when they Register (although these won'tautomatically prevent the Registered Host from being able to organise an activity for us, they will be taken into account when assessing the suitability of the activity and the Registered Host as the organiser) and the Registered Host must disclose any criminal charges brought against them during the period they are authorised to fundraise for Red Cross by calling 1800 Red Cross (733 276) and asking to speak with a member of our Community Fundraising team.
19. You agree to release Red Cross to the fullest extent permissible under law for all claims and demands of any kind associated with the activity, and indemnify Red Cross for all liability or costs that may arise in respect to any damage, loss or injury occurring to any person in any way associated with the activity caused by your breach of these responsibilities or negligence.
20. If there is a likelihood of you not meeting any of these responsibilities, we reserve the right to withdraw your authority to organise an activity at any time.
COVID-19 –Keeping you and others safe
21. If holding an in- person Event, the Registered Host, Supporters and any other attendees, need to comply with any obligations under the COVID-19 public health directions applicable in the State or Territory in which the Event is being conducted. These obligations will include details as to whether social gatherings are permitted, and if so, how many people can attend a gathering in a particular place, together with other precautions which must be followed.
22. It is the responsibility of the Registered Host and Supporters to ensure that relevant health directions are complied with when conducting the Event and this is not the responsibility of Red Cross. The public health directions are updated on a regular basis, are subject to change at short notice and vary between States and Territories in Australia. For all COVID-19 public health requirements, please contact your nearest government health authority:
The Australian Government Department of Health can also provide information on these health directives and can be contacted on 1800 020080 (National Coronavirus Helpline) or at www.health.gov.au/
23. If holding an in - person Event, the Registered Host, must record the first name and contact telephone numbers of all Event attendees, and retain these details for a period of twenty-eight (28) days from the date of the Event. This will allow for contract tracing to occur if necessary. This record of contact details can be destroyed once the twenty – eight day (period) has expired.
Red Cross is not responsible for:
24. Red Cross accepts no responsibility for any food related accidents or injuries that may occur during an Event including but not limited to food allergies, adverse reactions, food poisoning, anaphylaxis, other illnesses or sickness caused by food products and/or their preparation, storage, handling, presentation or consumption.
25. Red Cross accepts no responsibility for any loss, liability or injury, occupational, health, safety and welfare
26. Claims arising from any Event. It is the responsibility of the Registered Host to ensure the safety of themselves and any attendees of their Event, including and providing first aid services if they are needed. Registered Hosts are responsible for obtaining and maintaining any appropriate insurance for their Event, including public liability insurance.
27. Red Cross' public liability insurance does not cover people who choose to fundraise on our behalf. We are not liable for assessing or managing any risks of fundraising activities or Events run by external parties.
28. We take no responsibility over the quality, safety or legality of the products being sold or agreements to purchase products from a Big Cake Bake Registered Host or Supporter during an Event. At no time may Red Cross be held liable for any damages, losses, injuries or risks that might occur as a result of products sold or exchanged during an Event.
29. Any issues arising from the selling of foods prepared for Big Cake Bake events, including and not limited to poorly prepared foods, food poisoning, food storage and handling and customer satisfaction are beyond the control of Red Cross and, as such, we cannot accept any liability to any person for loss or injury suffered as a result of, or in connection with such issues.
Event websites and use of promotional material
30. Upon entering www.bigcakebake.org.au, https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/ and www.instagram.com/bigcakebake you have accepted and must comply with the Terms and Conditions, notices, disclaimers and intellectual property on the Event Websites. Your use of and/or continued access to the Event Websites constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions.
31. The Event Websites are run by Red Cross for this event only. Content may change but the sites will remain dedicated sites for Big Cake Bake fundraising only.
32. Registered Hosts acknowledge and agree that the Red Cross emblem, this being "a red cross on a white background" is a symbol of protection (protective use) and of membership of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (indicative use). In times of armed conflict it is the visible sign of the protection conferred by international humanitarian law on the victims of armed conflict and on those who come to their aid; in peacetime it shows that a person or object is linked to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, which is made up of International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), National Societies such as Australian Red Cross and the International Federation of Red Cross Red Crescent Societies Registered Hosts also acknowledge that the work of Australian Red Cross, as part of the Movement, is governed by seven Fundamental Principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. For more information on the Fundamental Principles, please visit www.redcross.org.au/about/fundamental-principles
33. Registered Hosts or Supporters must not use the Red Cross emblem or the Australian Red Cross logo to advertise or conduct the Event except in accordance with the materials (if any) provided to you by Red Cross. Use of the emblem is strictly regulated by international and domestic law. In Australia, unauthorised use of the Red Cross emblem may constitute a criminal offence under the Geneva Conventions Act 1957 (Cth). You must not do anything which might bring Red Cross, the Red Cross emblem, or the Red Cross Red Crescent movement into disrepute, or which might tarnish the prestige or reduce respect for the Red Cross emblem. For more information on the Red Cross emblem, please visit www.redcross.org.au/about/the-emblem
34. In promoting and running your Event you and your Supporters may use:
- the posters and other materials provided in your Host welcome kit and on the resource section of the Big Cake Bake website; and the recipes on bigcakebake.org.au
- Australian Red Cross' name and the Big Cake Bake name.
35. In promoting and running your Event you or your Supporters may not use the Red Cross logo, the Big Cake Bake logo or the images or text on the www.bigcakebake.com.au, https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/, www.instagram.com/bigcakebake or www.redcross.org.au unless you have prior written permission from Red Cross.
36. All names, photographs and content that are related to celebrity endorsements are the property of the celebrity, their talent agent or Red Cross. Use of photographs, names and content is prohibited. You must have Red Cross' written permission before using any of the names, text, images or logos of or about the celebrities found on www.bigcakebake.org.au, https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/, and www.instagram.com/bigcakebake
37. The content of www.bigcakebake.org.au, https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/, and www.instagram.com/bigcakebake such as text, graphics, images and names ("Material") is protected by Australian copyright law. Unauthorised use of the Material may violate these copyright laws.
38. Red Cross does not warrant that www.bigcakebake.org.au, https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/, and/or www.instagram.com/bigcakebake will operate error-free, nor that its servers are free of computer viruses and other harmful data or code components. Nor do we warrant that it will be able to prevent any illegal, harmful or inappropriate use, modification or alteration of content. If your use or your Supporter’s use of the Event Websites results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, Red Cross cannot be held liable for any associated costs.
39. The Event Websites may contain embedded hyperlinks or referral buttons to websites operated by third parties or their licensees or contractors ("Advertisers"). Any claims by Advertisers are not recommendations or endorsements by us or a list of third party advertisers endorsed by Red Cross.
40. The Event Websites may contain hyperlinks and other pointers to internet websites operated by third parties ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the content of any Linked Site or any hyperlink contained in a Linked Site.
41. Linked Sites that we are endorsing for Big Cake Bake include: Facebook; Google; Twitter; Linked In; You Tube, Funraisin, Pinterest, Instagram. Other Linked Sites that appear on?www.bigcakebake.org.au or
42. www.instagram.com/bigcakebake might not be endorsed or authorised by Red Cross.
43. Your or your Supporters’ use of an Event website or Linked Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions of that site in addition to the Terms and Conditions on www.bigcakebake.org.au
44. Red Cross does not and cannot be involved in your interaction with Linked Sites and Advertisers. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more Linked Sites or Advertisers, to the extent permitted by law, Red Cross is exempt from liability for any claims, demands or damages arising out of or in any way connected with online disputes.
Amendment of Terms and Conditions
We may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time during the campaign period. Upon amending Terms and Conditions we will re-post them on www.bigcakebake.org.au Registered Hosts will be bound by the amended Terms and Conditions from that time. Any changes to the Promotion and/or Terms and Conditions relating to the Big Cake Bake promotion (including prize variations, cancellation or suspension of your promotion), is subject to the approval of all relevant State and Territory Lottery Departments.