Terms & Conditions
Big Cake Bake 2019, Terms and Conditions
As a Big Cake Bake Registered Host, you must adhere to the following terms and conditions. Failure to conduct third-party fundraising activities in accordance with these terms and conditions may result in you being de-registered as a Big Cake Bake host and prevented from conducting further third-party fundraising activities on behalf of Red Cross.
"Advertisers" means third party operated websites.
"Australian Red Cross/Red Cross/Promoter/We" means Australian Red Cross Society ABN 50 169 561 394. Address: 23-47 Villiers Street North Melbourne, VIC 3051, Phone: 1800 RED CROSS (733 276), Website: www.redcross.org.au Charity Mail Number: 10100009.
"Big Cake Bake" means a Red Cross national fundraising event.
"Event" includes a Big Cake Bake or other third-party fundraising activity.
"Event Websites/Websites" means the online portals for the campaign at www.bigcakebake.org.au, www.fundraise.redcross.org.au, www.redcross.org.au/fundraise, the Event Facebook Page and the Event Instagram Page.
"Event Facebook Page/Facebook page" means the social media information portal for the campaign.
"Event Instagram Page/Instagram Page" means the social media information portal for the campaign.
"Host/Hosting" means the act of holding an event with the intention of raising funds for Red Cross.
"Linked Sites" means third party operated websites that are hyperlinked from Event Websites.
"Materials/Material" means the intellectual property and content used for the campaign on the Event Websites.
"Register/Registering/Registered" means completing the Big Cake Bake registration form either on paper and returning it by mail, by email, over the telephone or online at www.bigcakebake.org.au
"Registered Host" means a person who has completed in full the Big Cake Bake registration form, and returned it to Red Cross by post, email, over the telephone with a Red Cross representative or has completed the registration form online at www.bigcakebake.org.au or via www.redcross.org.au/fundraise.
"Supporter" means a person who agrees to help a Registered Host with their event, either financially or in-kind.
"You" means the person who registers to host a Big Cake Bake fundraising event.
1. You must be a Registered Host in order to conduct a third-party fundraising activity as part of Big Cake Bake. This is required by charitable fundraising legislation in all States and Territories in Australia.
2. Registrations can be made via phone 1800 RED CROSS (1800 733 276), post Reply Paid 84694, Melbourne, VIC 8060 or PO Box 9949, Melbourne VIC 3001, email firstname.lastname@example.org or website www.bigcakebake.org.au
3. www.bigcakebake.org.au is owned and operated by Red Cross and www.fundraise.redcross.org.au is operated by a third party.
4. www.facebook.com/BigCakeBake ("Event Facebook Page") and www.instagram.com/bigcakebake (“Event Instagram Page”) are owned and operated by Red Cross.
5. Red Cross manages Big Cake Bake on behalf of all state-based Red Cross offices and branches.
6. Red Cross will not accept registrations from people residing in a country outside of Australia.
7. People residing outside Australia can make online donations or sponsor a friend in Australia who is taking part in Big Cake Bake.
9. The person whose name appears on the registration form will be the Event Host ("Registered Host") which makes them solely accountable for managing the Event in an appropriate and responsible way. This includes deciding on the Event date, venue, fundraising activity and any associated costs in running the Event.
10. Registered Hosts, agree to pay all costs involved with running their Event. Event costs are at the discretion of the Registered Host and are not to be deducted from the money raised for the Big Cake Bake. Red Cross will not reimburse any person/s for any Event associated costs.
11. Red Cross accepts no responsibility for any food related accidents or injuries that may occur during an Event including food allergies, adverse reactions, food poisoning, anaphylaxis, other illnesses or sickness caused by food products and/or their preparation, storage, handling, presentation or consumption.
12. Red Cross accepts no responsibility for any loss, liability or injury, occupational, health, safety and welfare claims arising from any Event. It is the responsibility of the Registered Host to ensure the safety of themselves and any attendees of their Event, including and providing first aid services if they are needed. Registered Hosts are responsible for obtaining and maintaining any appropriate insurance for their Event, including public liability insurance.
13. Red Cross' public liability insurance does not cover people who choose to fundraise on our behalf. We are not liable for assessing or managing any risks of fundraising activities or Events run by external parties.
14. We take no responsibility over the quality, safety or legality of the products being sold or agreements to purchase products from a Big Cake Bake Registered Host or Supporter during an Event. At no time may Red Cross be held liable for any damages, losses, injuries or risks that might occur as a result of products sold or exchanged during an Event.
15. Any issues arising from the selling of foods prepared for Big Cake Bake events, including and not limited to poorly prepared foods, food poisoning, food storage and handling and customer satisfaction are beyond the control of Red Cross and, as such, we cannot accept any liability to any person for loss or injury suffered as a result of, or in connection with such issues.
16. Registered Hosts need to comply with any obligations under applicable fundraising, or food legislation and regulations in the State or Territory in which You are conducting your Event. Registered Hosts are also responsible for organising any permits, licenses, insurance or authority to fundraise where necessary. This information will be available from your state government or local council and obtaining these permits is the responsibility of the Registered Host and not Red Cross.
17. For all gaming, licensing, and promotional requirements, please check legislation by contacting your nearest office:
ACT Gambling and Racing Commission
PH: 02 6207 0359
NSW Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing
PH: 02 9995 0300
Racing Gaming and Licensing
PH: 08 8999 5511
Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing
PH: 13 74 68
Office of the Liquor and Gambling Commissioner
PH: 131 882
Department of Liquor and Gaming
PH: 03 6166 4444
Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation
PH: 1300 182 457
Department of Gaming, Racing and Liquor
PH: 08 9425 1888
18. The Registered Host must securely keep all the money raised by the Event. Full records of the amount raised, along with the money, need to be securely deposited into the Red Cross bank account within 28 days of the Event taking place. All monies raised for Big Cake Bake must be returned to Red Cross by Thursday 28 November 2019. Visit www.bigcakebake.org.au, www.fundraise.redcross.org.au or www.redcross.org.au/fundraise or call 1800 RED CROSS (733 276) for more information on how to deposit money.
19. You are not permitted to approach the general public with door to door, street or telephone collections as part of a Big Cake Bake fundraising activity.
20. If you are under 16 years of age, you must have the express permission of a parent or guardian before undertaking any fundraising activities or hosting an Event as part of Big Cake Bake.
21. Red Cross is a child safe organisation and therefore has a Child Protection Policy, in respect of persons who have contact with children in the course their work for Red Cross. This includes all Registered Hosts for Big Cake Bake. It is therefore a mandatory requirement for Big Cake Bake fundraisers to read and agree to Red Cross’ Child Protection Code of Conduct prior to undertaking any fundraising on Red Cross’ behalf. To comply with the Child Protection Code of Conduct, read your full copy here.
22. The Registered Host must disclose any previous criminal convictions to Red Cross when they Register (although these won't automatically prevent the Registered Host from being able to organise an activity for us, they will be taken into account when assessing the suitability of the activity and the Registered Host as the organiser) and the Registered Host must disclose any criminal charges brought against them during the period they are authorised to fundraise for Red Cross by calling 1800 RED CROSS (733 276) or emailing email@example.com.
23. You agree to release Red Cross to the fullest extent permissible under law for all claims and demands of any kind associated with the activity, and indemnify Red Cross for all liability or costs that may arise in respect to any damage, loss or injury occurring to any person in any way associated with the activity caused by your breach of these responsibilities or negligence.
24. If there is a likelihood of you not meeting any of these responsibilities, we reserve the right to withdraw your authority to organise an activity at any time.
25. We may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time during the campaign period. Upon amending Terms and Conditions we will re-post them on www.bigcakebake.org.au and www.fundraise.redcross.org.au. Registered Hosts will be bound by the amended Terms and Conditions from that time. Any changes to the Promotion and/or Terms and Conditions relating to the Big Cake Bake promotion (including cancellation or suspension of your promotion), is subject to the approval of all relevant State and Territory Lottery Departments.
26. Upon entering www.bigcakebake.org.au, www.fundraise.redcross.org.au, www.facebook.com/BigCakeBake and www.instagram.com/bigcakebake you have accepted and must comply with the Terms and Conditions, notices, disclaimers and intellectual property on the Event Websites. Your use of and/or continued access to the Event Websites constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions.
27. The Event Websites are run by Red Cross for this event only. Content may change but the sites will remain dedicated sites for Big Cake Bake fundraising only.
28. Registered Hosts acknowledge and agree that the Red Cross emblem "a red cross on a white background" is a symbol of protection (protective use) and of membership of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (indicative use). In times of armed conflict it is the visible sign of the protection conferred by the Geneva Conventions on the victims and on those who come to their aid; in peacetime it shows that a person or object is linked to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, of which the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is the founding body. Hence, the emblem is also a symbol of the Movement's seven Fundamental Principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
29. Registered Hosts or Supporters must not use the Red Cross logo or Red Cross emblem to advertise or conduct the Event except in accordance with the materials (if any) provided to you by Red Cross. Unauthorised use of the Red Cross emblem may constitute a criminal offence under the Geneva Conventions Act 1957. You must not do anything which might bring Red Cross, the Red Cross emblem, or the Red Cross Red Crescent movement into disrepute, or which might tarnish the prestige or reduce respect for the Red Cross emblem. For more information on the Red Cross emblem, please visit www.redcross.org.au.
30. In promoting and running your Event you may use:
- the posters and other materials provided in your Host welcome kit and on the resource section of the Big Cake Bake website; and
- the recipes on bigcakebake.org.au
- Australian Red Cross' name and the Big Cake Bake name.
31. In promoting and running your Event you may not use the Red Cross logo, the Big Cake Bake logo or the images or text on the www.bigcakebake.com.au, www.fundraise.redcross.org.au, www.facebook.com/BigCakeBake, www.instagram.com/bigcakebake or www.redcross.org.au unless you have prior written permission from Red Cross.
32. All names, photographs and content that are related to celebrity endorsements are the property of the celebrity, their talent agent or Red Cross. Use of photographs, names and content is prohibited. You must have Red Cross' written permission before using any of the names, text, images or logos of or about the celebrities found on www.bigcakebake.org.au, www.fundraise.redcross.org.au, www.facebook.com/BigCakeBake and www.instagram.com/bigcakebake
33. The content of www.bigcakebake.org.au, www.fundraise.redcross.org.au, www.facebook.com/BigCakeBake and www.instagram.com/bigcakebake such as text, graphics, images and names ("Material") is protected by Australian copyright law. Unauthorised use of the Material may violate these copyright laws.
34. Red Cross does not warrant that www.bigcakebake.org.au, www.fundraise.redcross.org.au, www.facebook.com/BigCakeBake and/or www.instagram.com/bigcakebake will operate error-free, nor that its servers are free of computer viruses and other harmful data or code components. Nor do we warrant that it will be able to prevent any illegal, harmful or inappropriate use, modification or alteration of content. If your use of the Event Websites results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, Red Cross cannot be held liable for any associated costs.
35. Big Cake Bake promotional period ("Promotional Period") will run between Monday 1 July 2019 and Thursday 28 November 2019.
36. Registered Hosts can run events any time between Tuesday 1 October 2019 and Thursday 31 October 2019 ("Promotional Campaign").
37. The Event Websites may contain embedded hyperlinks or referral buttons to websites operated by third parties or their licensees or contractors ("Advertisers"). Any claims by Advertisers are not recommendations or endorsements by us or a list of third party advertisers endorsed by Red Cross.
38. The Event Websites may contain hyperlinks and other pointers to internet websites operated by third parties ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the content of any Linked Site or any hyperlink contained in a Linked Site.
39. Linked Sites that we are endorsing for Big Cake Bake include: Facebook; Google; Twitter; Linkedin; YouTube, Funraisin, Pinterest, Instagram. Other Linked Sites that appear on www.bigcakebake.org.au, www.facebook.com/BigCakeBake and/or www.instagram.com/bigcakebake might not be endorsed or authorised by Red Cross.
40. Your use of an Event website or Linked Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions of that site in addition to the Terms and Conditions on www.bigcakebake.org.au
41. Red Cross does not and cannot be involved in your interaction with Linked Sites and Advertisers. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more Linked Sites or Advertisers, to the extent permitted by law, Red Cross is exempt from liability for any claims, demands or damages arising out of or in any way connected with online disputes.